Sunday, December 2, 2007

As I cooked, I made Spring Rolls ...

Saturday Brunch ... I started off making just eggs, while wondering how to make them, I said to myself naah, I can do better! Then, I thought I will make the Vermicelli Pulao - But, "wait a minute... didn't I make that just two weeks back?" Ok, so what next? Then, I started off making vermicelli with a twist. While, in the mid-way I said, "Viola! I will use this as filling for spring rolls :) And that is how, as I cooked, I made spring rolls...

For the Filling [and Vermicelli with a twist]
1. Boil about 1 cup vermicelli in water - you can put it in Microwave for 3 minutes
2. Meanwhile, chop 1 capsicum, 1/2 large onion and a 1" ginger julien
3. In a wok, heat some oil and break two eggs. Add a pinch of salt and toss it to make scrambled eggs. When done, take out the eggs
4. In the wok, add some more oil and saute oinions
5. When onions are slightly done, add the ginger and capsicum and saute some more
6. Season with salt, black pepper and red pepper and saute the vegetables
7. Add a spoon full of Soya sauce and add the scrambled eggs. Mix it all together

Spring Rolls

1. Take few ready made Spring Roll sheets. If kept in refrigerator, then keep it out for 20 minutes [alternatively, you can make the sheets with all-purpose flour. But, this is easier]
2. If the sheets are dry, brush few drops of water all over the sheets.
3. Take a spring roll sheet, put one tspn of the filling at one end and roll into cylinders. Wet your fingers in water and press on the corners of the roll to seal tightly.
4. When the spring rolls are made, deep fry them in hot oil. They fry very fast, so be careful.

The Grand Finale
In a plate, put some fillings [you made a lot of it] and serve the spring rolls with them. To make it perfect, pour yourselves glass of sparkling apple-grape cider.
Enjoy the brunch !

No comments: