Friday, November 16, 2007

As I cook ...

This site is a delectable ensemble of food - a symphony of colors, flavors and textures. Yes, mouth-watering, finger licking, appetizing ... food.

As one of the Bengali zealots who believe in their philosophy of "Live to Eat and Not Eat to Live" and "connoisseur of taste" - gourmet, home-made or experimental - I start this blog to write all I have to about food, As I Cook ...

When I actually started cooking for a living (I had to cook to eat), my only goal was to make my husband like the food. Well .. ahem .. yes ! And knowing as much of Shekhar, as I did - that meant putting tonnes of chillies in everything that I made and that meant, eating my portion of the food with equal amount of sugar, added to it later.

After couple of years, growing past the unknown taste buds, exchanging the fine cuisines of Haryana, Bengal and the in-betweens, several bouts of experimental cooking - today I am the Chef of my five start kitchen and enjoy being in charge there!

Besides the few recipe books and learnings from mistakes, I have taken a lot of my lessons from the gazillion recipe sites on the internet. Not to forget, the gift in my veins, being born in a Bengali family.

As I Cook ... is my renditions of recipes, the ones that I cook and like - the amounts, ingredients are usually indicative. Having replaced, one ingredient with another and measuring the portions, often arbitrarily , I often end up making a very delectable dish. So, next time when you try something, I encourage you to take the bold step - your tongue will like it.

The articles to follow will have a lot of sizzle and hotness. Be prepared !

No comments: