Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cantaloupe Strawberry Shake

These days I am eating healthy or let's say, trying to eat healthy. So, today my hands were trying to reach the choco-chips ice-cream in my freezer. But, my conscious took me elsewhere and I, instead, picked strawberries and cantaloupe from my refrigerator. What then turned out was an instant concoction of flavor and color - a cool drink, that is healthy and delicious.
Ingredients
Cantaloupe - 1 cup [Diced]
Strawberry - 1 cup [hulled]
Milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3-4 tsp
Ice, Cream [optional]

Method
1. Blend all the ingredients in a mixer into a fine smoothie
2. In a tall glass, add some ice, pour the shake and top with some cream
[Hulled Strawberry - with a knife make a round cut around the top of the strawberry and pull it up - the green leaves, along with the center white stem will come out. ]
Enjoy this healthy and cool drink on a summer evening!

No comments: